How healthy is your relationship? Take this quiz to find out.
- Do you feel like the person you are with is supportive and encouraging?
- Do they seek mutually beneficial solutions?
- Do you feel heard when you are expressing your feelings?
- Do they encourage your interests, education, and career?
- Do you feel like it's OK to make mistakes in your relationship?
- Does the person you are with accuse you of flirting or cheating?
- Do you feel unsure about sharing your dreams or personal achievements with them?
- Do you feel the need to justify your time and decisions?
- Do you feel like they are extremely jealous or possessive?
- Do you feel obligated, threatened, or forced into unwanted affection or sexual activity?
- Does the person you are with accept responsibility for his or her own actions rather than blaming failures on others?
- Do they work to offer empathy and assistance?
- Does each person give serious consideration to the perspective of the other?
- Does the person you are with consistently and honestly share thoughts, feelings, and experiences with you over time?
- Do you see them as trustworthy?
If you answered YES to all of the questions in Part 1 and 3, and NO to the questions in Part 2, then you are likely enjoying the benefits of being in a healthy relationship.
If you answered NO to any of the questions in Part 1 and 3, or YES to any of the questions in Part 2, then you may want to consider talking to your partner about what you want in a healthy relationship.
If you answered NO to most of the questions in Part 1 and 3, and YES to most of the questions in Part 2, you will want to take note of these indicators as red flags of an unhealthy relationship.
Text 971-217-7119 for our Peer Mentorship Support Line, and to learn more about available resources.